This year at CEC Aurora, the students and staff have come together to celebrate Día de los Muertos! This beautiful and meaningful cultural celebration is a day to honor and remember loved ones who have passed. Together they built an ofrenda that students, staff, and families can contribute to with various symbolic offerings, such as:
- Photographs: Pictures of loved ones to honor and remember.
- Marigolds (Cempasúchil): These vibrant flowers symbolize the fragility of life.
- Favorite Foods: Include the favorite dishes of those being celebrated.
- Bread of the Dead: Traditional sweet bread for the ancestors.
- Personal Mementos: Any items that hold special meaning to loved ones.